Sunday, March 16, 2014

China and its politics

While reading the assigned reading I found The New China Model extremely interesting. I found some similarities with Russia they have a one party ruler, and the elite control the dominate party. The party also selects the future people that are going to follow after them. This would not fly in the USA. Although, sometimes I feel that we should have one party in the US I am happy that we have two parties to choose from. I really like how the same party is in charge of keeping corruption on check, what could go wrong? The same party can be corrupt and nobody can. The other thing that I do not enjoy is how they keep the peasants out of the big cities this is why revolutions are started because they are denied basic access to things. With these types of rules a revolution will soon come to China and I want to see what the US will do when it does happen. My article is on how China cannot afford its military and why do they want a bigger military? http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonchang/2014/03/16/china-cant-afford-its-military-thats-why-we-should-really-worry/

1 comment:

  1. You are right! This one-party system would never work in the US, and the fact that we have two to choose from actually gives people more of a flexibility to lean left, right, or closer to the center from both. As for what you said about the peasants, that would be interesting if a revolution came from it. However, I do remember the reading talking about how China is so successful because they had peasants rather than "slaves". Do you think peasants are less likely to retaliate than a slave?

    ReplyDelete